A NEW NAME
Trink-Hall is a derivative of the German word Trinkhalle, whose original meaning is "drinking room". It is a generally closed building, near local springs, in a thermal complex. In this building, fresh and healing water is distributed to spa guests. The history of the "drinking hall" is directly linked to the development of the well cure.
The "Trink-Hall" of Avroy Park, first built in 1880, was much more than a place for tasting, because it was home to a billiards room, a dance hall and film screenings. It was a place of entertainment much appreciated by a certain bourgeois clientele. It is in the modern style building (1963) that the Créahm will be installed in the early 1980s.
Trinkhall refers to a place, an identity perfectly rooted in the history of the city, where the stories of the three pavilions that have succeeded each other since the end of the 19th century are intertwined. This name change also stems from the desire to distinguish itself from the name art différencié, which has never ceased to question but which somewhat stigmatized the studios' productions.